Job title: Grounds Person
Based at: Sandown Park Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 40 hours per week, any 5 days from 7
About the role
Do you want to combine a love of sport with a career? The Jockey Club may be the place for you! We have a new Grounds Person opportunity at our prestigious Sandown Park Racecourse
The famous Sandow Park racecourse delivers some of Racing’s most iconic sporting fixtures, which would not be possible without the skills and knowledge of our talented Grounds teams. These teams ensure our tracks are always ready to race and delivered to the highest standard.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Guinea’s The Grand National & The Cheltenham Festival. Owning & operating 15 course’s, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on raceday’s and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
About what the Grounds Person will do
- Be responsible for the maintenance, preparation, renovation, and repair of racing surfaces
- Assist with the movement of the course running rail
- Maintain and assist all grass areas and non-grass areas on site.
- Assist with the movement of and laying out of irrigation equipment.
- You will have a willingness to learn and appetite for development
- You will have a basic working knowledge of Health & Safety and demonstrate a willingness to follow regulations
- You will possess a full UK driving licence
Spraying certificates (PA1, PA2a and PA6), a sports turf/horticulture/IOG qualification would be an advantage, but not a necessity.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 17 th November but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.