Job title: Head of Group Facilities
Based at: Location Flexible
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Head of Group Facilities to join our Operations team at The Jockey Club implementing a consistent, group-wide approach to Facilities Management (FM) across all Group properties. This role plays an integral part in ensuring the Group achieve their strategic objectives, achieves financial targets, and operates efficiently and effective.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 courses, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on racedays and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The Head of Group Facilities will
• Manage the group-wide planned preventative maintenance (PPM) programme and all reactive maintenance.
• Manage, on an ongoing basis, all Group facilities maintenance suppliers, and advisors, ensuring contract compliance in terms of service, H&S and commercials, and acting as an escalation channel to the Racecourses and Estates as required.
• Review, develop and direct statutory maintenance programmes ensuring equipment is maintained in compliance with relevant codes of practice and regulations, supporting sites in dealing with enforcing authorities where required.
• Lead the ongoing development of the asset register and ensure that this is maintained, always updated, and remains current to support operations.
• Continuously improve the scope and quality of service delivery standards.
• Provide technical advice and guidance to site FM personnel on the design and operation of building services and systems, and on wider FM issues.
• Develop and implement Service Specifications / Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with site FM personnel.
• Ensure that the Hard & Soft FM service level agreement is executed effectively and provides operational leadership for the service across the Group.
• Manage the provision of timely and robust information on Group FM performance and provide performance updates on regular key performance indicators.
• Work with Health & Safety, Procurement, Group Property, and site GMs to deliver a ‘Facilities Handbook’ providing best practice advice to managers overseeing local capex requests, refurbishment and maintenance.
• Work with Group Health & Safety, Sustainability, and Site teams to reduce energy usage and carbon emissions across the Group and ensure compliance with all environmental regulations.
• Take a lead role in the development and implementation of the Group’s FM strategy which supports the overall organisational strategy of The Jockey Club Group.
• Ensure that FM budgets are managed and controlled effectively holding budgetary responsibility and accountability for FM.
• Intellectually strong, able to think strategically, yet pragmatic in the achievement of results.
• Strategic, analytical thinker, able to focus on business transformation issues within a changing and competitive industry capable of integrating a wide range of business and organisational data into a practical framework and to communicate and sell practical solutions to problems.
• Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development, and compliance
• Excellent communicator who can sell internally and externally.Confident and visible and will have gravitas to be respected by all stakeholders in the business.
• Ability to adapt to a new culture through interface with management both upwards and downwards in the organisation.
• Strong negotiator with the ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally.
• Willingness to challenge decisions and be challenged in turn, as well as the ability to provide innovative solutions and highlight potential issues as they emerge on the horizon.
• Excellent commercial acumen and a passion for outstanding customer service and a high-performance culture. High levels of integrity and personal values.
• Awareness of the impact of own decisions or actions on others.
• The ability to plan tasks, identify personal priorities, control detail, and manage relationships to make the best use of personal time and energy.
• Self-starter (pro-active, resourceful, creative) attitude and willingness to do what it takes to get things done and make things happen - a “finisher” as well as an “initiator”.
• Track record of Strategic FM in multi-site businesses, across buildings of different ages and sizes.
• Strong working knowledge of FM in hard & soft services, H&S, environmental and statutory regulation.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 8 th November but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.
This role may be subject to a criminal record check, standard or enhanced DBS check or BHA Suitability Check. By applying you confirm that you are happy for these checks to be carried out.