Job title: Security Officer (Part-time)
Based at: Haydock Park Racecourse
Contract type: Permanent
Hours: 24hours per week
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Security Officer to join our Haydock Park Racecourse team ensuring the racecourse is fully secure during shifts and that all patrols, incidents and messages are recorded and passed on to the relevant people.
About The Jockey Club
The Jockey Club stages thrilling sporting occasions and live events nationwide including The Grand National, The Cheltenham Festival & The Derby. Owning & operating 15 courses, millions of people every year enjoy the special experiences we offer through racing, music, food and entertainment on racedays and beyond.
As the largest commercial group in British racing, we are guided by our mission to act for the long term good of the sport. Every penny we make goes back into racing to promote excellence within Britain’s second biggest spectator sport. Our people are what makes this possible
At The Jockey Club people are at the heart of what we do and drive our success. We are inclusive and actively seek to attract people with unique backgrounds and perspectives. Diverse, collaborative teams are pivotal to our success and support the potential and growth of all our people.
The Security Officer will
• Fulfil the Security Shift duties as outlined in the Detailed Duty List.
• Ensure the locking/unlocking of the Racecourse is carried out correctly.
• Monitor any incidents in the Security Logbook and action as necessary.
• Liaise with the Duty Manager to evacuate any areas required should an alarm sound.
• Carry out regular patrols of the Racecourse during the shift, both in the vehicle and on foot.
• Have knowledge of alarm, fire and CCTV systems and experience of operating these or be willing to undergo training.
• A thorough and methodical approach to the workplace
• Reliable and comfortable to work to a 24-hour shift pattern.
• Capable of working alone and using your own initiative
• Naturally inquisitive, able to escalate suspicious behaviours and situations in line with company procedures.
• Previous experience within a customer facing or Security role.
What we offer in return
• All colleagues can go along to any of our race day or music events free of charge - along with 3 friends or family with our TeamPass Ticket scheme.
• An award-winning pension scheme provider with a generous employer contribution
• A healthcare cash back plan enabling you to claim money back on health & wellbeing services.
• 25 days annual leave
• Access to a suite of Learning & Development training resources from renowned providers
• A whole host of other benefits including free eyecare vouchers, a ride to work cycle scheme & discounts across varying retailers & services.
If you think you have everything we’re looking for and more, then we’d love to hear from you. Don’t hang around, our closing date for this vacancy is 15th November but we reserve the right to bring this forward if we have many applications.
This role may be subject to a criminal record check, standard or enhanced DBS check or BHA Suitability Check. By applying you confirm that you are happy for these checks to be carried out.