Contract: Part or full time, 12-month fixed-term maternity cover
Reports To: CEO
Location: Office based (remote working accommodated, with regular London office days and event days, travel nationwide required)
Salary: Commensurate with experience, plus expenses
Essentials: Full UK driving licence
Education charity Racing to School delivers the largest community programme operating across British racing and leads a partnership of organisations – charitable and commercial – under the Racing Together banner, which instigates, promotes, and measures the sport’s community engagement activity.
The charity is seeking maternity cover for Racing Together’s Community Engagement Manager, a key role in engagement with wide variety of industry, charity, community, and political partners, and in driving progress in this area. Joining a small and committed team, this post has support from a fundraising and communications executive who supports all the charity’s work.
The role requires the successful candidate to work occasional evenings and weekends (with prior notice) and be able to travel around the UK.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Understand, interpret and deliver upon key performance objectives agreed with funding
bodies that ensure success of Racing Together programmes and initiatives;
- Organise and deliver successful events including Racing Together Industry Day and a
- Organise and collaborate on industry-wide initiatives, for example, Racing Together
Community Day and as a key partner of National Racehorse Week;
- Measurement of British racing’s community engagement activity; Coordination and growth of communications via website, social media and generation of press coverage and media appearances;
- Evaluate and report on programme delivery at Executive and Board level; Create professional communications across all mediums that support the charity’s growth and development – including press releases, videos, social media and website content;
- Produce design assets and high-quality written communications, such as marketing emails and newsletters;
- Evaluate success of communications to target areas for development; Attend events as required as an ambassador for Racing to School and Racing Together; Coordinate and provide Executive support for the Racing Together Subcommittee.
The successful candidate should have a thorough understanding and interest in the work of Racing to School and Racing Together. You must be collaborative and be able to evidence relevant career examples for this role, with excellent stakeholder engagement, communication skills and attention to detail, plus some event management experience.
As the needs of the charity change, this role may change accordingly, therefore this document should be viewed as guidelines which are subject to change. We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce.
We acknowledge that having a diverse and inclusive workforce is fundamental to our success and we actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences. People with disabilities or from ethnically diverse communities are currently underrepresented in the organisation and therefore we welcome these candidates to apply.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for the role, please apply via our Application Form.
The closing date for applications is 31st October 2023. Selection interviews for this position will take place online.