Matt Laurie Racing requires an experienced stable manager/foreperson to run the daily operations of our medium-sized stable in Moorooduc on the Mornington Peninsula, Victoria.
You must have proven experience in a similar role and be dedicated, knowledgeable and precise. Extensive knowledge of horse care (medications, supplements, bandaging etc) is essential.
You must be a team player, have a positive attitude and excellent people and communication skills.
The position includes:-
- Managing staff and daily routines & creating staff rosters
- Willingness to educate and train new and existing staff
- Liaising with our vets & assisting as required
- Strapping and/or representing the stable on racedays when required
- Liaising with suppliers as required (agistment properties, farrier, dentist etc)
- Monitoring and ordering of feed & stable equipment
- Maintain daily feeding routines
- Treadmill supervision
- Administering medications and general care of horses
- Communicating issues and developments daily with Matt
State of the art facilities http://mattlaurieracing.com.au/facilities and excellent, negotiable salary on offer.
Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.