Digital Marketing Manager
· Full time position at Racing Queensland, Employer of Choice Winner 2023
· Flexible work arrangements and generous employee benefits
· Northside location, free car parking, close to public transport
The Digital Marketing Manager is a newly created role at Racing Queensland (RQ) and is an exciting opportunity for an experienced digital marketer to help innovate the brand of racing through the delivery of significant digital projects to enhance the industry’s footprint in a competitive sporting and social landscape.
The purpose of the position is to lead the creation and execution of the Queensland racing industry’s digital roadmap, the delivery of key digital projects and overall ownership of the day-to-day management of Racing Queensland’s (RQ’s) brand content on digital and social platforms.
The Digital Marketing Manager will be tasked with evolving the organisation’s presence through various digital means inclusive of RQ’s website, social, digital, email and partner channels.
What you will do, day to day
· Develop and deliver a digital roadmap for the Queensland racing industry that achieves growth in awareness, engagement and following as well as realises benefits afforded to RQ under the media rights agreement;
· Set yearly performance metric targets for the team and report on digital results on a frequent basis;
· Deliver on key digital projects that will help innovate the industry and organisation’s digital presence inline with key organisational goals.
· Own all digital marketing campaigns that support and promote RQ’s marketing calendar ensuring that:
o Campaigns are briefed in a timely manner in line with contracted timelines;
o Clear goals, objectives, KPOs and deliverables are communicated internally and/or to agencies;
o Data-driven optimisation is occurring to ensure ROI on media spend;
o Transition paid spend management from external to internal ownership; and
o Manage agency relationships and ensure all briefs, assets and reviews are delivered in a timely manner.
· Work collaboratively with department and organisational colleagues to develop and execute strategies to improve RQ’s market and brand position within Queensland and growing the organisation’s digital audiences;
· Managing RQ’s external digital agency partner/s to deliver ROI on digital marketing investments;
· Build positive relationships with club and industry stakeholders to not only support their events and objectives but also educate and deliver advice to help strengthen their own digital marketing efforts;
· Planning and leading the executing of brand marketing content distributed across social and digital media channels with a high level of attention to detail;
· Build and manage the yearly digital marketing budget inline with overall departmental spend;
· Manage paid digital campaigns in-house from end-to-end constantly reviewing and optimising to delivery optimal results;
· Identify new channels that can be used to promote brand messages and events to racing and sports fans;
Desired experience, skillset and qualifications
· Post-graduate qualifications specialising in Digital Marketing, Multi-Media Design or Communication, and/or more than seven years’ demonstrable work experience;
· Advanced skills with social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn & Youtube;
· Paid media campaign management via Facebook Ads Manager, Google Search Console, Google Tag Manager, and relevant products; and
· Adobe Suite (XD, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) experience is desirable, but not essential.
· Demonstrated experience in developing and executing digital content strategies that engage audiences;
· Demonstrated experience in delivery of large-scale digital projects end-to-end;
· Demonstrated experience managing external agencies;
· Is proven at staying on top of current and emerging digital marketing trends;
· Ability to work in accordance with legislation, policies, procedures and standards and solve problems by following established methods and processes;
· Ability to lead a high-performing team and motivate internal and external stakeholders, business partners and industry participants to adopt particular methods and strategies when there may be conflicting interests or differences of opinion;
How to apply
· Covering letter outlining your experience
· Current resume
If you have any questions about the position, please email Steve Butler from People and Performance: email@example.com
Applications close 5pm on November 10, 2023
Please note the following conditions apply:
· Required to undergo a criminal history check.
· Must have the right to work in Australia.
· Understanding/passion/willingness to learn about the sport of racing and nuances associated with the industry
The Organisation: Racing Queensland
Racing Queensland (RQ) is a statutory body whose primary purpose is to promote, enhance and provide a platform to service the industry across three codes of racing: Thoroughbred, Greyhound and Harness.
RQ’s vision is to connect people through the thrill of racing, and its mission is to be Queensland’s number #1 sport.
Benefits and Perks
We have generous employee benefits such as EAP, an innovative reward and recognition program offering perks and discounts and best practice HR policies offering flexible working arrangements, paid parental leave, talent management and performance development. We also provide annual flu vaccinations, weekly fruit deliveries, corporate massages, and access to an on-site gym as we value your health and well-being.
RQ values inclusivity and promotes a workplace that actively seeks to welcome contributions from all people.
We recognise, respect and value First Nations people and cultures. We are progressing self-determination by recognising the rights and interests of First Nations people. We are investing in a culturally connected and agile organisation, with the skills and experience we need to support better outcomes for First Nations people. We are taking action in fundamental areas like employment and procurement, and by building strong and sustainable partnerships with First Nations organisations and communities. We are focused on working with First Nations people to improve service design and delivery, knowing that this will deliver better outcomes for all of Queensland.
Racing Queensland embraces the diverse talents and perspectives of all employees. We encourage people of all ages and gender identities, LGBTQ identities, First Nations Peoples, people with disabilities, people with neurodivergence, and with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds to apply.