- Work in the beautiful, open, outdoors
- Complimentary meals provided
- Free onsite parking – close and convenient location
THE AUSTRALIAN TURF CLUB STORY
With over 110 racedays and a host of hundreds of Business and Social events every year, each of our five venues – Royal Randwick, Rosehill Gardens, Canterbury Park, Warwick Farm and Rosehill Bowling Club are uniquely exciting.
At the heart of our success is our People. At Australian Turf Club we are guided by our corporate values Collaborate, Care, Own & Bold. We are one club by name and nature, empowering our people to lead from the front and deliver results in a safe and supportive workplace.
Based at Royal Randwick Racecourse, the role holder will ensure that the Randwick Stable complex is maintained as a quality and safe training precinct by undertaking and repairs, maintenance and cleaning work within the Stable complex.
- Maintaining and cleaning within a stable or related facility
- Day to day duties involves driving a small tractor with sweeper attachment at the back to sweep tunnel, driveways, and stables lane ways
- Using leaf blowers, cleaning storm water pits and filters, cobwebbing, driving small buggy, assisting stables leading hand with projects and plans when required.
- General waste management on a weekly basis with trainers and Cleaning contractor
- Any ad-hoc repair and maintenance duties as required
THE RIGHT FIT
To be successful in the role, the right fit will possess:
Key knowledge and experiences:
- Sound knowledge of manual handling techniques
- The incumbent will require agility to be physically capable of manually lifting heavy objects
- Knowledge, understanding of WHS legislation and Australian Turf Club policies and procedures
- The ability to be self-motivated, work independently and as part of a team is require
- Enthusiastic and flexible in their work methods
- Able to communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Class C Drivers License
- Willing to work on weekends
- First Aid certificate (desired not required)
- Workcover accredited Forklift License, Bobcat license (desired not required)
If you believe you are the right fit and demonstrate our values, come and join us.
To apply, visit: https://www.australianturfclub.com.au/our-careers/
Applications close on Wednesday, 22nd November 2023.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Australian Turf Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a workplace where our team members feel safe, valued and respected, regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation or life stage. We encourage all suitable candidates to apply.