Horse Trainer - Skilled Horse Staff Required Chris Waller Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable. Positions are full-time and available in all locations in NSW and Victoria and QLD.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning (with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs).
- Young Horse Educator/Rider/2nd Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus swimming and barrier education.
- Horse Trainer/2nd Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground with ability to manage a small team of horses and staff under the direction of the head foreperson.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $65,000 to $90,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility and or experience. Essential Skills: All applicants must have a relevant qualification and 2 years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience or, in the absence of a qualification a minimum of 3-years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience in the role. All applicants must be able to prove you are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills. In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment relevant to a racing business
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
Please send detailed resume and two written references!