Are you a people-centric, experienced Health and Safety Manager looking to join a versatile business committed to the health, safety and well-being of it's colleagues and the public? Chester Race Company Ltd have the fantastic opportunity for you to lead the charge for the Health and Safety function across the group.
If successful, you will be responsible for ensuring Chester Race Company has a robust and compliant H&S management system, that our sites, operations and people are safe, as well as providing advice across the group, to the CEO, and board of directors.
About Chester Race Company
Chester Race Company Ltd is one of the North West’s best-known and most-admired brands. It is an evolving organisation with a broad portfolio but retaining Horseracing at its core. The Company, headquartered in Chester, owns two racecourses (Chester and Bangor-on-Dee) and operates a third course in Scotland, Musselburgh. At Chester, it also owns and operates an on-course hotel, and a vibrant pub and adjacent commercial premises in Chester city centre.
The successful Health and Safety Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic direction in relation to Health, Safety and Fire Safety
- Lead on the development of our Health and Safety Management System
- Ensuring health and safety is embedded as a core principle at all levels
- Provide competent advice and support to the CEO, Board of Directors, and members of the Senior Management Team
- Review group wide safe systems of work, policies and procedures to ensure compliance with health and safety legislation
- Responsible for supporting the investigation of Health, Safety, Security and Environmental incidents across the group including all RIDDOR reports
- Undertake audits across the group on both business-as-usual activities and race day activities
- Deliver health, safety, and fire safety training across the group
- Lead on the development of our business continuity planning activities
- Responsible for ensuring risks to Health, Safety, and the Environment are managed via the organisational risk register
- Undertake the role of Safety Officer on a Raceday and for larger events that meet the criteria detailed in the Green Guide
The successful Health and Safety Manager will have:
- Prior experience in Health and Safety leadership role
- Experience working in a diverse environment such as a sports or stadium environment (preferred)
- Knowledge of safe sports stadium operations in line with Green Guide best practice (preferred)
- Experience of leading a team of professionals
- Experience of leading on RIDDOR investigations
- Experience developing strategic plans and ensuring safe operational delivery
- Level 3 qualification in Occupational Health and Safety e.g. NEBOSH National
- General Certificate / NCRQ Certificate
- Level 3 qualification in Fire Safety and/or Fire Risk Assessment
- Level 3 Food Hygiene
- Qualification in training and/or assessment
- Professional membership of IOSH or IIRSM with evidence of CPD
Hours of work:
37.5 hours per week
There will be some evening / weekend work required in line with race days at Chester & large events - we operate a time off in lieu policy.
£40,000-47,000 per annum
Some of this role can be conducted remotely however you must be able to reliably commute to the office in Chester.
We are looking to appoint someone in this role as soon as possible