Red Mile team members are driven by their desire to create outstanding experiences for both our patrons and fellow employees. We pride ourselves on being a part of an organization whose focus is to bring world-class entertainment to those living in and visiting the “Horse Racing Capital of the World.” If you aspire to create memorable experiences, we invite you to explore our exciting and dynamic career opportunities.
Performs barn, ground and track maintenance.
- Maintain and clean barns, grounds, race- track and performs general labor duties such as, filling, cleaning, mucking and repairing stalls, rake straw, blowing and raking leaves, repairing fences and painting.
- Use of shovels, rakes, leaf blowers, truck, tractor, hand and power tools and heavy equipment.
- Operate equipment such as a bobcat, forklift, front-end loader, tractor and water truck.
- Pours concrete under close direction of the supervisor.
- Helps plumbers and electricians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience (include certs or licenses needed):
- Previous maintenance and equine handling experience preferred
- Reliable transportation, valid Driver’s License and maintain and keep a Kentucky Horse Racing Commission License while employed
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screening
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs., while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, knee, crouch or crawl, talk and hear.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles, moving and mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals and outside weather conditions, including hot and humid weather. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.