2nd Shift Patient Care/Admissions Team Member
Equine Hospital Patient Care/Admissions 2nd Shift
JOB TITLE: 2nd Shift Admissions & Patient Care Team
· SHIFT SCHEDULE:12 PM – 8:30 PM with 1 weekday and 1 weekend day off
· GENERAL PURPOSE: To favorably represent RREH by providing first-class patient & client care
· EXPERIENCE: Basic horse care knowledge and horse handling experience a must.
· Experience with Thoroughbred racehorses favored.
· Customer Service/Client Relations job experience(s) favored.
· Position starting at $15.00 - $17.00/hr. Based on Experience
He/she must be able to perform effectively under fast-paced circumstances while paying careful attention to detail. Excellent communication and people skills are a must in order to provide excellent client care services.
· Safely and expertly handle horses while loading/unloading to/from trailer into predetermined treatment areas or assigned stall based on reason for visit.
· Deliver individualized, quality client care by providing exceptional assistance to meet all customer needs. This entails continuing communication with waiting clients throughout the duration of their stay at the clinic and providing new clients with tours of our facility and the various diagnostic tools the clinic offers.
· Must be able to identify and flag housed patients in need of immediate medical attention (i.e. suspect colic, cast in stall, self-harm behaviors, etc.) and alert veterinarians promptly.
· Provide excellent patient care, to include following specific feeding and care instructions. This includes thoroughly grooming all patients as time allows, especially upon discharge.
· Learn and demonstrate basic knowledge of dispensed medications and proper bandage materials to correctly fill pharmacy orders and educate owners as needed.
· Learn and demonstrate basic knowledge of all surgical and medical procedures performed in order to competently communicate details of aftercare instructions to clients.
· Gain full understanding of, and adhere to strict and varied biosecurity protocols throughout the hospital.
· Must have general computer skills to access, navigate & update RREH database as needed.
· Gain knowledge of all hay, feed and bedding products offered at RREH.
· Will be responsible for orchestrating the deceased patient process and protocol from start to finish, including loading and transporting as needed.
· Learn and follow standard emergency protocol for admitting & handling sick and/or injured patients of all ages.
· Appropriately assign stalls for both scheduled and emergency patients.
· Assist Barn Crew with daily barn duties as needed, including mucking stalls and keeping all patients supplied with fresh hay and clean water at all times to uphold high RREH standards.
· Assist with light facility maintenance and record upkeep as needed or upon request.
These duties vary seasonally.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- horse handling: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person