Kentucky Equine Hospital is seeking a Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Kentucky Equine Hospital is a small private practice in Simpsonville, Ky that primarily focuses on orthopedic surgery, lameness and imaging. The clinic utilizes an onsite MRI, nuclear scintigraphy, ultrasound, and digital radiography.
We are looking for an individual who is detail oriented, motivated, and ready to learn. This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards of care.
KEH is seeking a Veterinary Technician (license preferred but not required) with a strong background in equine veterinary clinical experience. Surgical cases are mostly elective orthopedic cases, but will also include MRI and emergencies on a limited basis.
Other job duties will include, but are not limited to, assisting with lameness exams, prepping horses for injections, taking radiographs, processing blood work, patient restraint, and treating hospitalized patients according to orders provided by the doctor.
In addition, it is required to stock the trucks, assist with inventory as well as to maintain a clean working environment.
A minimum of three years equine clinical experience is required.
Benefits include: paid time off, paid CE to maintain license and health insurance.
Salary to commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Must have equine experience.
- Must have strong customer service skills and be professional in all interactions
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must have the ability to lift 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Simpsonville, KY 40067: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Veterinary experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Equine: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person