The Jockey Club Information Systems, Inc. (TJCIS), a wholly owned subsidiary of The Jockey Club, is an industry leader in the areas of technology and information services for thoroughbred industry professionals, including owners, breeders, and trainers, is seeking an Account Representative in its Lexington, KY office.
The Account Representative generates revenue by working with current customers and potential customers to assess and accommodate their Thoroughbred / Quarter Horse information needs and help to ensure their satisfaction.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Carries out the implementation of sales plans to ensure the profitable growth and expansion of company products and services.
· Analyzes the Thoroughbred / Quarter Horse information needs of current and prospective customers. Recommends and prices existing products, or liaisons with technical staff to develop custom information and products.
· Works on location and via phone with customers to introduce new and existing services or products.
· Periodically confers with customers to ensure their satisfaction.
· Answers incoming calls and answers questions regarding products and services, billing, and other support issues.
· Other duties as assigned
DECISION MAKING/PROBLEM SOLVING
This position is responsible for assessing customer needs and determining the best solution and has total responsibility for closing a sale. Lost sales result in lost customers and revenue.
This position has shared responsibility for determining prices for products and services.
Responsibility for contacts
This position has daily contact with customers and prospective customers. There is also daily contact with other staff members and as needed with internal staff to develop products and services to satisfy customers' needs. Weekly contact with upper management to discuss larger, higher profile accounts.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RESOURCES
This position has direct responsibility for revenues in excess of $3,000,000 and for maintaining the company's image and reputation.
Qualifications To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
College degree or equivalent experience.
Experience selling or marketing products or services.
Knowledge and Technical Skills
Basic knowledge of the Thoroughbred / Quarter Horse industry
Good PC skills especially with Microsoft Office, Excel and customer contact – related software programs
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Motivated and self-starter.
Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize responsibilities and manage several concurrent projects.
Strong customer service orientation.
Must work well with people.
Ability to work well under pressure.
Willingness to travel locally and nationally.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The most important physical demands of this position are to talk or hear with customers and others; the ability to reach with hands and arms and to use hands to finger, handle or feel a computer keyboard; and to sit for prolonged periods. (These activities occur more than 2/3 of the time.)
· The ability to walk and stand indoors and outdoors, and over uneven footing is necessary up to 1/3 of the time.
· The ability to lift or move objects up to 55 pounds is necessary less than 1/3 of the time.
· Close vision is required in order to use a computer.
This position is currently a hybrid remote with a set number of days in the office and opportunity for remote as well.
This position is occasionally required to travel both locally and long distance to customer sites and trade association shows and events. Work at these events is conducted both indoors and outdoors.
Job Type: Full-time
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- Business development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer relationship management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Thoroughbred/quarter horse industry: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Lexington, KY 40503