Schedule/Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm with night on-call rotation.
The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives incoming calls from clients, Hagyard veterinarians or referring veterinarians.
- Provides general customer service and assistance to callers and other team members.
- Records necessary information from the caller obtaining the detail required to determine if the need is routine or an emergency.
- Locates available veterinarian in area for emergency services.
- Contacts veterinarian by telephone and/or texting to schedule client service visits.
- Informs veterinarian of all details regarding a situation in a prompt, non-emotional and professional manner.
- Schedules appointments and enters information neatly and accurately into a computerized scheduler.
- Maintains organized and accurate records of daily activities, cancellations, and new appointments for veterinarians.
- Manages the expectations of clients and when they can expect service to be provided.
- Establishes a professional rapport with clients to enhance the client service experience.
- Ensures communications with clients are kept within allowable limits, i.e. facts only, no opinions.
- Reports any significant changes in a situation’s status, i.e. significant doctor delay or significant change in patient’s condition, to the appropriate parties immediately.
- Assists veterinarians with client communication via phone, fax, mail, or e-mail as requested.
- Coordinates emergency calls for the ambulance and relays information and assistance requests involving other veterinarians.
- Prepares, reviews and maintains reports, correspondence and records as needed for veterinarians.
- Interfaces with the client to understand the client’s overall needs and requirements.
- Shares details with clients, when appropriate, on additional offerings to provide value added service.
- Serves as a point of escalation for issues or activities that the client may encounter.
- Expedites the resolution of client problems/complaints to the appropriate person(s).
- Shares ideas and client needs with management and/or veterinarians.
- Coordinates with other client support team members in scheduling and/or requesting additional assistance when a client’s needs cannot be promptly handled.
- Assists with the answering of phones, directing calls to the appropriate area and assisting visitors during after hours or weekend shift coverage.
- Assists with special projects and additional duties as directed by the supervisor, veterinarian or a member of management.
- Knowledge of routine care and services provided to horses is required.
- Customer focused
- Effective communication skills
- Able to handle multi-phone line system, texting and emailing simultaneously.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Dispatching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Equine/Horse related: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: In person