Ciaron Maher Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our team. Positions are full-time and available in all locations in NSW and Victoria.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider - able to ride 8 -10 horses per morning with particular emphasis on riding pace/timed work and jump outs.
- Young Horse Trainer/2nd Foreperson – able to educate our young horses on the ground, plus responsibility for a team and barn or horses.
- Horse Educator/Rider/Conditional Jump Jockey – able to ride and educate our horses on the flat and over fences and from time-to-time ride in trials or jump races for the head trainer.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $65,000 - $90,000 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3-years full time professional experience in the role, or at least 2 years full time highly relevant experience and a relevant qualification.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Ability to plan and implement training regimes and feeding plans, record all horse training data and maintain horse training data and records may be required for senior roles
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently (or proven management experience if the position is for a foreperson role)
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- Proven as reliable workers, with excellent horsemanship skills
Please send detailed resume listing your horse training experience and two written references