We are currently in search of an Events & Venue Coordinator with preferably no less than 2 years experience in major events, horse racing events, or community events.
The Rockhampton Jockey Club showcases regional horse racing in Central Queensland at its fantastic Callaghan Park Racecourse. This opportunity will see you work with the race club’s key stakeholders to plan, organise and deliver race day and non-race day events that are relevant, credible, engaging, sustainable and that deliver a superior customer experience.
To be successful in the role you would need to be proficient in the following competencies:
- Planning & Organising - Being able to effectively plan the full life cycle of the race club from event schedule development through to implementation including attention to detail and time management.
- Project Management - Effectively project manage the components of the Club’s event and venue to ensure critical milestones are met on time and on budget.
- Resilience and Adaptability - Ability to cope with stress and challenges and manage issues in an optimistic way. Effectively respond to issues in a proactive manner to ensure they are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Stakeholder / Customer Relationships - Build professional and effective relationships with stakeholders and customers. Including being available (i.e. answering phone calls and responding to emails) and responding in a timely and effective communication style.
- Problem Solving - It’s important to demonstrate that, when a problem arises, you are able to stay calm under pressure, understand the possible causes / issues, identify options and implement the most relevant and effective solution.
- Communication - Communicate regularly and when needed with all stakeholders in a way that is confident, professional and easy for others to understand, whatever their level.
- Results Orientation - Deliver outcomes in an effective manner. Driven and willing to take the necessary steps to ensure targets are achieved on time and on budget in line with expectations with perseverance and tenacity.
Skills and Experience:
Although not essential, the following qualifications / experience would be seen favourably:
- Min. 2 years’ experience in major events, horse racing events/activities or community events
- MS Office proficient
- A tertiary qualification in Event Management
- Project Management/Quality Assurance
- An understanding of Horse Racing and the importance of Community Events and their processes and procedures.
- Willingness to work the hours required to co-ordinate and manage events and functions (including weekends/nights)
Applications close: COB Friday 1 December, 2023.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this role, please ensure you include a one page Cover Letter addressing the above selection criteria and your current Resume in your application. Please note that depending on the volume of applications received we may not be able to respond to all. However, all applications submitted will be thoroughly reviewed to assess suitability for the position.
Salary Range - $75-$85k / annum
Full availability to work a weekly rotating roster - days, evenings, weekends and public holiday is essential in this role. Shifts can range between early morning and late evening hours, depending on business needs. Day to day you will:
- Actively contribute to the business with a ‘hands on’ approach managing FOH service
- Lead the team to ensure an exceptional level of service is delivered to our members, guests and patrons
- Promote a positive team culture & workplace values
- In tandem with the Finance operations Manager, manage staff rostering, labour expenses,
- Manage Review Pro feedback and responding with formal written responses
- Contribute to increasing revenue and positive customer experiences
- Contribute towards reducing costs, wastage and breakages are minimised
- Identify changes required to improve business operating efficiencies
- Build strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Maintain best practice, safety & cleanliness standards
- Manage difficult situations in the workplace
- Good business acumen and proven experience with forecasting & cost control
- Experience in staff training, appraisal, counselling and development.
- Excellent grooming and personal presentation
- Knowledge of food safety, cleaning & hygiene procedures.
- Valid QLD RSA
- Full working rights in Australia
We are offering
- Permanent full-time employment
- Office working environment
- Parking onsite