Yulong Stud is seeking a highly motivated and adaptive individual to join our growing team as a Veterinary Nurse. Yulong’s veterinary facilities include a full laboratory comprised of hematology, chemistry and blood gas machines along with the ability to do cultures and sensitivities. We also have portable ultrasounds, digital radiograph machines and video endoscope machines. The successful candidate will work closely with the resident veterinarians, our other vet nurses and from time-to-time our stud staff, to complete various medical tasks. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain additional experience or for a more experienced vet nurse to expand their skill set. You will exposed to all aspects of a thoroughbred breeding operation while working in a fun team with a passion for providing high-level care to our equine patients.
To be considered you must possess the following skills and qualities:
- Certificate IV in vet nursing (preferred, but we will consider strong applications without).
- A self-starter who can work efficiently with and without guidance.
- Great work ethic, resilient and with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrated high level horse handling skills.
- Ability to perform a basic physical exam and initial triage of wounds and sick horses.
- Good communication skills and the ability to interact clearly with veterinarians, stud staff and management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite.
- Drivers licence and reliable vehicle.
Your duties would include but not be limited to:
- Patient treatments (including IV, IM and catheter) and bandage changes.
- Assisting the resident veterinarians with various tasks and procedures.
- Basic lab procedures such a running bloods and plating cultures.
- Maintenance of all equipment.
- Ordering of all medical supplies.
The position is full time, however, part time would be considered for the right applicant. An attractive annual salary is on offer of up to $80,000 dependent on experience. This position will be based on our Stud, located near Nagambie.