Sallee Horse Vans - For over fifty years, we have transported some of the most famous race horses in history. Whether a Triple Crown winner or a family pet, our reputation for excellent customer service is based on our family approach. Having the newest equipment and top-quality maintenance ensures safety, comfort and on-time deliveries.
The ideal Class A CDL OTR Driver has excellent driving and communication skills and is company-oriented yet customer-focused. This person must have a Class A CDL, have OTR experience, be honest, trustworthy, and a team player who cares about their co-workers. Horse experience is a plus.
The responsibilities and duties for this Class A CDL OTR Driver include, but are not limited to, the following items:
- Drive OTR predominantly East of the Mississippi
- Team Driving
- Maintain logs and turn in paperwork on time
- Communicate with office team and in the field supervisors
- Safely load and unload horses at various points and pick-ups and deliveries
- Take pride in equipment - Keep equipment clean and notify our shop when repairs are needed
- Class A CDL License
- Minimum of 1 year Regional/OTR Driving within the last 3 years. Preferred 3 years OTR Driving.
- Minimum of 23 years of age
- Clean MVR and safe driving record
- Never Refused to submit to or test positive for a controlled substance or alcohol
- Ability to pass a DOT physical, drug test, criminal background check.
- No convictions of a DUI in a PMV in the last 5 years or CMV in 10 years
- Having a passport to drive in Canada is a plus
- Guaranteed weekly minimum pay
- $7,000 Sign-On bonus
- $7,000 Referral bonus
- Paid weekly with direct deposit
- Paid vacation
- Paid holiday
- Flexible home time
- Health Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, and Dental Insurance
- Supplemental insurance available (AFLAC)
- Twice a Year Performance/Safety Bonus
What sets Sallee Horse Vans apart from other employers?
- Long standing company
- Leader in the industry
- Good reputation
- Custom Built Sallee 53' trailers
- Fun and unique industry
- Caring leadership team
- Strong core values
- Great people
- Great culture
- Family oriented
- Average employee tenure of 15 years
Annual salary range: $80,000 - $90,000
- Additional sign-on bonus if you come as a team with Class A CDL Professional/Commercial horse transportation experience