McEvoy Mitchel Racing is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our stable on a full-time basis. Positions are available at our Miners Rest, Ballarat Victoria stable.
- Young Horse Trainer/Rider – able to ride and educate 6 – 8 young horses per morning with particular emphasis on riding slow work as well as pace work.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 per annum depending upon the level of responsibility and or experience.
All applicants must have a relevant qualification and 2 years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience or, in the absence of a qualification a minimum of 3-years full time or equivalent part-time professional experience in the role.
All applicants must be able to prove you are reliable workers with excellent horsemanship skills.
In addition, the following will be required:
- Knowledge and experience of horse training and handling methods specific to thoroughbred racing
- Proven ability to train and educate young horses
- Oral and written communication skills of a level to take instruction and provide information
- Ability to work in a team and independently
- Knowledge of safe operation of all equipment and use of personal protective equipment relevant to a racing business
- Sound knowledge of health and safety obligations and demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training and preparation of racehorses
- A Certificate III or equivalent relevant international qualification
Please send resume and two written references