The Newgate Group operates a large thoroughbred horse stud based at Aberdeen in the Hunter Valley, NSW. Newgate is seeking the services of an experienced mechanic to oversee Newgate’s motor vehicles and farm equipment, as well as manage the workshop.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Undertaking all repairs and maintenance of farm equipment and vehicles
- Arranging outsourcing of repairs and maintenance work as required
- Sourcing parts and equipment necessary to complete repairs and maintenance work
- Ordering of parts and equipment
- Maintaining a store of commonly used parts on site and maintaining up to date records of parts on hand
- Maintaining service and condition reports on all vehicles and equipment
- Maintaining and ensuring security of workshop tooling
- General maintenance of the workshop facility
Reporting to the Farm Manager, you will have autonomy over the workshop activities and will need good organisation skills and the ability to interact well with all staff who rely on the support provided from the workshop.
A competitive salary package, commensurate with experience, will be provided.