The primary role and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide telephone support for surgery, answering emergency and non-emergency related calls, scheduling appointments and liaison with referring Veterinarians and clinics.
- Transcribe documents and email dictated reports from the surgeons to farms, referring veterinarian and owners.
- Send reports and information requested by insurance companies
- Typing, proofing, and emailing of screening and sales reports.
- Creating and updating owner/patient files.
- Maintain the appearance and cleanliness of the reception area.
- Report any required repairs or office supply needs to the Office Manager.
- Liaison with Surgery Interns and assist with questions and facility protocol.
- Liaison with barn staff regarding patient charts, data entry and procedure inquiries.
- Assist barn staff and interns with invoice and patient set up in HVMS system.
- Assist Surgery Manager and Primary Office Assistant as required.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Capable of multi-tasking and utilizing multi-line phone system
- Innovative, self-motivated, pleasant and polite personality, works well individually or as directed
- Excellent computer skills - proficient with Microsoft programs.
- Medical terminology and knowledge of the equine and thoroughbred industries helpful.
- Customer-focused, professional.
- Good organization skills.
- Effective communicator.
- Ability to lift more than 10 lbs.
Schedule: Full-Time, including benefits. 9am-5pm. Overtime and weekends as directed.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Every weekend
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Equine: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person