We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Trainee Assistant Racing Manager to join our team at Perry Barr Greyhound Stadium.
What is ARC?
We embrace diversity
We develop our people
We care for our visitors
We think about our impact
We are proud of our sport
Work Perks of being a Trainee Assistant Racing Manager…
- Annual passes to attend any of our 21 venues
- Discounted food & ARC days out
- Cycle to work scheme
- Holiday allowance increasing with length of service up to 28 days
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary group annual bonus schemes to reward your hard work
- Support with study through our study assistance schemes
And so much more…
- To learn how to grade races and trials in accordance with the grading process alongside the racing manager and their deputy.
- Learn to advertise and put together open races.
- To help run the day to day running of the Racing Office.
- Learn how to Input data into the RaceTech racing office system, including proofing formlines, advance cards and results.
- To assist in preparing staffing rotas as required for race/trial meetings.
- To report to the Racing Manager/Deputy any irregularities or breaches of rules witnessed in relation to the Racing Product or GBGB rules.
- To support the Racing Manager/Deputy in running race/trial meetings.
- To ensure compliance with the GBGB Rules of Racing.
- To liaise with Trainers, Vet and other departments to maintain a positive relationship with others.
- Use the public address system.
- Marking up greyhounds and completing and sending paperwork relating to greyhound registration and licencing.
- Distribution of information to outside sources including social media.
- Kennel number allocation and paddock duties as required.
- Creating and printing race cards.
- To compete any other reasonable tasks requested by management as required.
- Help support in the processing of reports, time sheets, registrations and prize money.
- Answering the phone when required to deal with queries.
- General Office Duties.
- Act as a representative for the stadia and ARC at all times, leading by example to all other team members.
About the role:
The Trainee Assistant Racing Manager will work closely with the Racing Manager and their Deputy in undertaking the smooth running of the Racing Office during race meetings and non-racedays. They must have a keen eye for the performance of the field and have an interest in Greyhound Racing. This would suit someone who is keen to learn and progress.
The person we are looking for as a Trainee Assistant Racing Manager has…..
- Racecourse, Sport or Leisure background would be an advantage
- High level of interpersonal skills
- Logical approach to tasks
- Excellent approach towards time management
- Works well under pressure
- Organised, systematic and process driven
We are on a thrilling journey. So, to join us at our next destination, be part of a winning team and to learn more about our company and this exciting opportunity apply today.
At ARC, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you have a disability that requires reasonable adjustments, please let us know; we will ensure that individuals with additional needs are provided reasonable adjustments to participate in the job application or interview process and to perform essential job functions.
We understand the value that diversity brings to our business and we are striving to create a working environment that is inclusive, psychologically and physically safe and ensures everyone can be heard and valued for their contributions. We are committed to making a consistent, top-down effort to be role models on what diversity, inclusion and belonging means in society.