The Kentucky Horse Park is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Equine Operation Coordinator in the Big Barn at the Park. The Big Barn is home to six different breeds of Draft Horses and is one of the most active facilities here at the park providing two trolley rides daily (with multiple trolleys) and participating in the Breeds Barn show regularly. The candidate will assist in all Big Barn related activities including trolley rides and demonstrations while providing high quality customer service to the local, national, and international guests of the park.
Located within minutes of downtown Lexington, KY, the Kentucky Horse Park is a 1,250-acre working horse farm, equine theme park, and internationally renowned equine competition facility. Founded in 1978, the Park is owned and operated by the Commonwealth of Kentucky and attracts more than 800,000 visitors from around the world annually. The Park also boasts a 260-site campground and is home to the International Museum of the Horse, a Smithsonian affiliate.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of draft horses and the ability to drive or learn to drive the horse drawn trolley, be a hard worker and work well as a team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Bringing horses in/out, feeding/watering, bathing, cleaning stalls, tack, and facility.
- Keeping all areas of the barn organized and tidy throughout the day.
- Assisting with regular vet and farrier visits.
- Harness and hitch horses in teams and single, present trolley tour to the public from memorized script.
- Serve as a source of information for all the activities and programs of the park.
- Coordinates with special activities, events, and education.
- Other duties as assigned.