Bluegrass Equine Surgery (BES) is an equine veterinary practice providing exceptional client service and primary medical care in the central Kentucky region. We are building a diverse, supportive, and driven team.
Our work environment includes:
- Assist in keeping Surgical, Procedures, and Barn area a clean and safe environment.
- Assist during surgery as needed.
- Restrain patients as directed.
- Assist with the care of patients.
- Assist with admission and discharge of patients.
- Assist with monitoring and caring for patients.
- Assist in moving patients to and from procedures as directed.
- Assist with diagnostic imaging, including but not limited to nuclear scintigraphy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Improve handling and restraining techniques.
- Learn to assist with radiographs.
- Learn to prepare surgical sites for surgery.
- Pending skill level- assist with recovery of patients following surgery.
- Demonstrate interest in understanding equine veterinary practices.
- Ability to read horse body language and perform advanced handling of horses and foals
- Self-motivated lifelong learner
- Works well as part of a team
- Feel and express a genuine liking for animals and for working in an animal-care environment.
- Be flexible in attitude and work habits.
- Understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Model professionalism and ethical practices.
Promote a cooperative working environment among staff members; understand the value of teamwork; show enthusiasm and willingness to perform as necessary to help the practice function as a unit.
Seasonal position January through June.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person