Arrowfield Stud, located in Scone in the Hunter Valley, is currently seeking highly experienced and capable staff to join our team on a full-time basis.
The successful applicant/s must be able to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of industry best practice, with either international experience or a thorough understanding of the global trends of the thoroughbred industry.
Horse Trainer/Breeding - Foaling - able to educate yearlings and other young stock, foal mares, assist Veterinarian with ultrasound/reproduction examinations and provide the appropriate health care as well re-educating horses as required.
Horse Trainer/Breeding– Yearlings - able to train and prepare of horses for breeding and selling purposes. Able to assist with the early education, maintenance and improvement of the behaviour and fitness of the horses and manage the care of horses, as well as sick and injured horses under Veterinary supervision.
- All applicants must have a minimum of at least 3 years full time professional experience in the role
- Proven knowledge & experience of horse handling & training methods specific to the thoroughbred breeding
- Ability to train and educate thoroughbred horses
- Proven ability to foal mares – including night foaling and/or prepare yearlings for sale
- Oral & written communication skills of a level to take instruction & prepare basic reports
- Sound knowledge of health & safety obligations & demonstrated skills in safe operation of equipment relevant to the training & breeding of horses
- A relevant Australian or International qualification
Terms of Employment
These are full-time positions, with a minimum commitment of at least 2 years.
The salary will be above award – in the range of $65,000 to $75,000 per annum. Additionally, on-farm accommodation is available and will form part of the guaranteed salary package.
Please provide a detailed CV outlining your professional horse training experience, with the names and number of two phone referees.
Please send to email@example.com