Groundsperson - Newbury Racecourse
Competitive Salary + Benefits
Newbury Racecourse is an award-winning sporting venue with a multi-functional site playing host to c. 30 racedays per year, plus a wide range of other exciting non-racing events including: concerts, weddings, conferences, on-site hotel and our award-winning Rocking Horse Nursery.
We are seeking an individual with suitable skills and experience to report to the Head Groundsperson, assisting them in all aspects of maintenance, preparation and repair of the racetrack and surrounding estate. You will become an integral part of the groundstaff team, taking part in vital projects which will contribute to the future development of the racecourse estate.
The ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of sports ground management or equivalent
- A full valid driving licence
- Relevant machinery skills
The successful applicant will have an appreciation for the high standards expected by Newbury Racecourse and our customers. There will be elements of working unsupervised, so you must be reliable, enthusiastic, able to use your initiative and to exercise sound judgement.
In return, we can offer a competitive salary and an attractive benefits scheme including:
- 25 days holiday per year (plus public holidays)
- Free annual membership to the Racecourse
- Discounted Health Club membership
- Reduced-rate childcare at the Rocking Horse Nursery on-site
- Contributory pension scheme matched up to 5%
- Private healthcare scheme
- Life assurance scheme
- Free parking
- Opportunities for training and career growth
For more details or to apply, please contact Hugh Nickerson of Conundrum Consulting Ltd. firstname.lastname@example.org